- Typical Offer: A*A*A in 3 Subjects
- You'll normally be expected to achieve A* in both of the science/mathematics subjects and encouraged to take an additional science/mathematics AS Level.
Sample A-Level Combination
- A Level Biology, A Level Chemistry, and AS Level Mathematics or Physics
- A Level Chemistry, A Level Mathematics, and AS Level Biology or Physics
- A Level Physics, A Level Mathematics and AS Level Further Mathematics
- 40-42 points, with 776 at Higher Level
The advice above about A Level subject combinations also applies to the IB. For these purposes:
- Standard Level subjects will satisfy AS Level subject requirements
- Higher Level subjects will satisfy A Level subject requirements
- IB applicants are expected to take IB Higher Level 'Analysis and Approaches'
- Required by all Colleges: A Levels/IB Higher Levels in at least two science/mathematics
- Required by some Colleges: AS or A Level/IB Standard or Higher Level in a third science/mathematics subject and/or particular subjects
Note: Science/mathematics subjects' refers to Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Mathematics and Further Mathematics. It does not include Psychology.
College Board and ACT
Advanced Placement (AP) Tests
- At least five AP Test scores at grade 5.
- Applicants do not have to complete five AP Courses to meet this requirement, as a Test can be sat without completing the relevant Course.
- We welcome AP Capstone and would encourage applicants to undertake AP Research and Seminar courses.
SAT (I) Reasoning Tests
- A high pass equates scores of 750 in each component to give a combined score of 1,500 for Science courses
- An ACT composite score of at least33 (for Sciences) out of 36 is accepted as equivalent to the SAT Reasoning Test scores outlined above.
English Language Requirement
The applicant must submit one of the following English language requirements:
- IELTS Academic: a minimum overall grade of 7.5, with 7.0 or above in each element
- TOEFL (IBT): a minimum overall score of 110, with 25 or above in each element
- Cambridge English: C2 Proficiency: a minimum overall score of 200, with no element lower than 185.
- Cambridge English: C1 Advanced: a minimum overall score of 193, with no element lower than 185, plus an assessment by the Language Centre.
Pre-Interview Written Assessment
The format for the assessment will be as follows:
- Section 1: Multiple choice questions in mathematics plus one science (Biology, Chemistry or Physics) (60 minutes)
- Section 2: Extended multiple choice questions in Biology, Chemistry or Physics (60 minutes)