A Level: AAA
Must include: A in Chemistry A in Mathematics A Other 3rd subject Preferred 3rd subjects Biology Economics Physics General Studies and Critical Thinking are not accepted. If you are made an offer you will be required to achieve a pass in the practical endorsement in all science subjects that form part of the offer.
International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme: 38 points
Must include: 6 in Chemistry at higher level 6 in Mathematics at higher level 6 in a third subject at higher level (Biology, Economics or Physics is preferred)
*Mathematics Analysis and Approaches or the Applications and Interpretation syllabi will be accepted at higher level with no preference.
A*AA–A*A*A (applicants studying three A-levels)
Made to at least 80% of 2022 A-level applicants.
English Language Requirement
The applicant must submit one of the following English language requirements:
- IELTS (Academic): 7.0 overall (minimum 6.5 in all elements)
- LanguageCert International ESOL Test: ESOL C1 or C2 Test with grade Pass
- PTE Academic: 69 overall (minimum 62 in all elements)
- TOEFL IBT: 100 overall (minimum 22 in all elements)
Other accepted English qualifications
- AS Level/ A-Level: Grade C in English Language*
- IGCSE: Grade B in English as a First Language*
- IB Diploma: English A: Language & Literature Grade 4 (if taken at either Standard or Higher Level)*/ English A: Literature Grade 4 (if taken at either Standard or Higher Level)/ English B Grade 6 (if taken at Standard Level) or Grade 5 (if taken at Higher Level)*
- AP Exam: Grade 4 in English
Contextual Admissions Schemes
If your anticipated grades align with the College's minimum entry requirement of AAA at A-level or an equivalent qualification in the relevant subjects and show a genuine interest in studying the specific subject area, this department assures you an interview opportunity. Successful candidates will generally receive at least a minimum offer, which is extended to most applicants.