- Grade : ABB
- Applicants are normally expected to have at least three A levels
- We normally expect applicants to have a minimum of grade 4/C in GCSE English Language and, for most courses, GCSE grade 4/C in Mathematics.
- An applicant’s overall GCSE grade profile is also considered alongside the specific GCSE requirements listed.
- Point: 34 (6,5,5 HL)
- Applicants are required to have the full International Baccalaureate Diploma with at least three subjects studied at Higher Level.
- Applicants taking IB Certificates at Higher Level outside of the full diploma may be considered on a case-by-case basis depending on overall profile, breadth and depth of study.
- We consider Mathematics: Analysis and Approaches (AA) and Mathematics: Applications and Interpretation (AI) as being suitable to meet our GCSE (SL equivalent) and A level (HL equivalent) Maths requirements.
- BTEC Level 3 National Extended Diploma: DDM
English Language Requirement
International applicants must submit one of the following English Proficiency Test Scores:
- CPE: C/200
- CAE: C/180
- IELTS Academic: Overall score of 6.5 with not less than 6.0 in each test
- PTE Academic: 62 overall with no less than 55 in all sub tests
- TOEFL iBT: Overall score of 92, with not less than 22 in each test
- IGCSE - Pearson Edexcel English Language A&B: Grade C/4
- IGCSE - Cambridge English as a Second Language (syllabus 0510): B with grade 2 in Speaking Component
- International Baccalaureate Diploma (IB) – English A (Standard/Higher Level): Grade 4
- Other accepted proficiency scores
Your personal statement is a crucial part of your application, within which you should explain your motivation for applying to University. It is important to showcase your drive and passion for the subject area in question, and any skills or experience you may have which will help you be a successful student.
If you are at a school or college, a teacher or tutor will normally write your reference for you so you don’t need to worry about this section. If you are applying having already finished your studies, you will need to add the name and contact details of a suitable person (normally, a former teacher) who can be contacted by UCAS to provide a written reference. Please note that Loughborough University requires a reference from all applicants.