A-level: Grade BBB
BTEC: Grade DDM
Point: 33 overall with Three HL subjects at 655
High School applicants with US Educational Qualification, Goldsmiths requires the following academic qualifications:
- A high school diploma with a GPA 3.0 or higher (unweighted)
Plus either of the following combinations:
- ACT with a composite score of 26
- or Two advanced placement (AP) tests with a score of 3 or higher,
- or SAT 1240 overall (with a minimum of 580 in Math and 620 in Evidence-based Reading and Writing)
Applicants who have previously completed either the SAT-S or the SAT-R exam will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
English Language Requirement
International applicants must submit one of the following English Proficiency Test Scores:
- IELTS score: Overall 6.0 with a 6.0 in writing and no element lower than 5.5
- CAE C1: 169 overall with 160 in Writing and no subtest lower than 154
- CPE: 169 overall with 160 in Writing and no subtest lower than 154
- IGCSE English Language: First Language: Grade C/4
- Pearson/4EA1 English Language A: Grade C/4
- CIE English as a Second Language: Grade B/6
- Pearson/4ES1 English as a Second Language: Grade B/6
- IB English Language A: grade H4 or S5
- Other accepted proficiency scores
Personal Statement (Less than 4,000 Characters)
Your personal statement should be about you, but it should focus on what you've done since high school or college.
There are three key areas your personal statement should cover:
- Why do you want to study your chosen subject?
- What relevant skills and knowledge do you already have about this subject?
- What do you do when you're not studying?
Your referee should provide their comments on your academic abilities and personal qualities, in particular their view of your suitability for the programme. It's important that the referee knows you well enough to comment authoritatively on your ability to meet the demands of the programme for which you have applied, but note that a reference provided by a friend or relative is not acceptable.
We may ask you to attend the interview. This helps us to work out if you're a good fit for the course and identify whether you have the appropriate level of knowledge, commitment and enthusiasm for the subject. It may also be an opportunity for the institution to test your skills with an audition or short test.