All students need to demonstrate minimum competence in fields they will continue to study at MIT. We recommend that all international students study:
- Four years of English
- Mathematics, at least to the level of calculus
- Two or more years of history/social studies
Essays & Past Activities
- Essay on short answer questions regarding your backgrounds and motivation
- 4 past activities
- Self-reported Coursework Form
Two Letters of recommendation
These can be letters of recommendation from two teachers (one math/science, one humanities), plus materials from your school counselor.
Creative portfolios including the following topics
- Research: A significant research project outside of high school classes. If you have worked on more than one research project, we recommend focusing on the project that is most important to you.
- Makers: Showcase your projects that require creative insight, technical skill, and a hands-on approach to learning by doing.
English Language Requirement
- TOEFL 90+
- IELTS 7.0+
- PTE Academic 65+