- Subjects: No specific subjects. Comprehensive portfolio of creative work required at interview stage. At least two A level subjects should be taken from UCL's list of preferred A level subjects.
- English Language and Mathematics at grade C or 5.
- Points: 36
- Subjects: A total of 17 points in three higher level subjects, with no score lower than 5. No specific subjects are required but a comprehensive portfolio of creative work is required at the interview stage.
English Language Requirement
All applicants must submit one of the following English test scores:
GCSE/IGCSE English language: Pass at 5 (or grade C)
- IELTS Academic Overall grade of 6.5 with a minimum of 6.0 in each of the subtests.
- TOEFL Score of 92 overall with 24/30 in reading and writing and 20/30 in speaking and listening
- PTE Academic 62 overall, with a minimum of 59 in each component
- IB English Language B Grade 5
- Duolingo Overall score of 115 with a minimum score of 105 in Comprehension, Literacy and Conversation and 110 in Production
You might want to include sketchbooks, drawings, collages, photography, paintings, sculpture, ceramics, physical models, 3D digital work, films, soundscapes, graphic design, product design, fashion design or even creative writing. We particularly like to see work completed outside of A-level, IB or GCSE courses. This could include work from summer schools, internships and even hobbies.
If you’re invited for an interview, you will be asked to provide a short personal statement, which summarises why you would like to study architecture with UCL.